Corals will be shipped out through FedEx Overnight Priority Shipping to the continental U.S. on Mondays or Wednesdays, as the weather permits. Corals cannot be shipped out during extreme weather conditions.
Shipped corals will arrive on either a Tuesday or Thursday, depending on the customer’s preference. Most shipments will arrive before 10:30am and no signature is needed. Some rural areas have a delivery commitment before 12:30pm or 4:30pm.
- Raising Reefs DOES NOT guarantee that a shipment can arrive before a certain time. Although Raising Reefs and the buyer can do their best to avoid poor weather conditions, there are circumstances of late deliveries that can’t be predicted or avoided.
- If a delivery arrives after an expected time, Raising Reefs cannot be held responsible and WILL NOT refund shipping costs.
We ship only to the shipping address selected during checkout and will not ship unannounced. Raising Reefs will work with you to find a suitable date for you to receive your corals. Corals will not be shipped out until a date has been determined.
- Purchased frags will be shipped out at least 1 week after frags are cut to allow healing. WYSIWYG does not need the one week waiting period.
- On the check-out page, customers can select the best date for the coral to arrive. If undecided, the customer will be contacted by Raising Reefs via email.
What to expect?
The frag plug is set in a condiment cup and placed inside a bag, this ensures protection during shipment. The frags are then labeled with the coral name, double bagged and heat-sealed shut. Thick styro-lined boxes and heat or cool packs are used, depending on the weather.
DOAs are an unfortunate occurrence, as I really hate to see corals die. If this does occur, I will need to see a clear picture of the dead coral within 4 hours of receiving your package, according to the tracking number.
- Email a picture to admin@Raisingreefs.com. Do not use all blue lighting when taking the picture. Use 10k or 14k setting for your pictures.
- Stressed out corals are not considered dead. However, if I see bleaching rapid tissue necrosis or death of the coral, I will give a store credit for the loss of the coral.
- Raising Reefs will be the one to determine if the coral’s condition warrants a store credit.
- Shipping costs will not be refunded or covered due to any loss.
- If the DOA coral was part of a Free Shipping offer, a future purchase of that same individual coral would have a shipping cost, unless purchased within a future order that meets a Free Shipping order minimum.
|Purchase total||Shipping costs
(within the continental U.S.)
|$400 and up||Free Shipping|